Old Primary School
The Wedderburn State School No. 794 was established in 1865 at 24 Wilson St, Wedderburn, Mr Joseph Lockhart was the first head teacher. The front section of the school was completed in 1868 and further extensions were made in 1888. Various rooms and halls were rented throughout the town as enrolments increased. The back section of the school was opened in 1908. Over the years, as several small rural schools closed, the Kurraca, Borung and Barrakee schools were moved onto the Wedderburn site.